Celtic New Year

Nothing to do with dogs, except that they might howl when they hear the tin whistle. Here is a lovely version of Celtic New Year by Van Morrison. I think it's interesting that he uses a couple of phrases my Nanna used to day, and she was also from Belfast. The first line - if I don't see you through the week, I'll see you through the "winda" - was one of her sayings!



This song is so lush with an orchestra. It is from the Jools Holland show and he is on piano. Since I play piano, I love any arrangement with more piano, like this one. It's very appropriate for this time of year, and is romantic yet bittersweet. It makes me sigh to hear it. I hope you enjoy it! I can't even imagine a World without beautiful music like this in it.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.