You always get the dog you need

After Thorn died at Christmas 2007, I knew one thing - I needed another male GSD.

A few months later, I had Caden, from Bill and Sandy Wilson in Pennsylvania. Here he is with Thorn's big ball, in nearly the same spot where Thorn was lying in the photo below. Weird.

When I look back at the changes I've made in the last few years, I realize this is exactly the dog I needed!

When you have dogs, you know that life goes on. It seems so weird to me, that one moment, Thorn was there. And the next moment, life revolved around Caden, who is a ball of fire compared to soft, sweet Thorn. So it turns out that Thorn was in my life at a time when I needed a sweet boy.

Caden has forced me to get out of my shell and toughen up! He is the dog I needed after my move to Alberta. Another teacher. I'm even learning all kinds of new tracking and training skills with Caden.


Here he is as a wee pup, being completely irreverant with that ball. It was hard at first to let him toss it around like that. But I think Thorn would have wanted his ball to be 'loved' by another dog. Oh, and that blanket on the chair is because, that is Caden's chair! As I type this, I look over and he is lying on it right now. All that's left of the ball is a 'ball bit' that I've saved.


Here is Caden this summer at the Ivan Balabanov SchH Seminar. I love this picture and I adore this dog.
What is so funny is how I have changed along with having a different type of dog in my life.

Moving forward! Here is my dog - -

Full of life and energy...

And... don't mess with me! Cuz I am not the same soft person anymore either!

With Ivan Balabanov


With our club's training director, Wade Waters


He's a tough dog. But he's my angel. The dog I needed.


Thanks Caden for bringing new energy and new friends into my life!



Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.