Dog Day Sunday

Yesterday for the first time I walked Jet, Ted AND River together around Three Mile Bend, the local dog park. I had been sick for quite a few days and feeling so guilty about not getting out with them!
Usually, I walk Jet and Ted. Then I take River for a walk and to the lagoon for a swim and play. Then I take Caden to a spit that we can have to ourselves for a swim. By the time I get home, I have been on about 4 walks! It was great to walk three out of four together.
River has aged gracefully - she used to be a handful but is really getting "wise" and yesterday I was proud of her with other dogs and people. At first I had her on a long line (loose) but took it off when I realized she was so great under voice control with me. She made me very proud!Three Mile Bend is a 55-hectare dog park in Red Deer along the Red Deer River. I love it there - it is so big with so many trails that I feel I am at a park called Centennial Park back in Thunder Bay. I was too busy monitoring everyone to take photos yesterday, but these ones from past walks give you the idea.
Before taking others for a walk I took Caden to a shopping centre (with a Chapters bookstore of course) and did obedience around the parking lot and sidewalks. He is so friendly and did a great job on heeling and stays / recalls. At the dog park, Caden had a swim on his own - probably the last of the year (the photo above is from July) . Then we went to a local soccer field to play with a ball.
Unfortunately, I thought I was over the flu, but today realized I am still whacked by a bug, so the dogs are in for another boring week.


Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.