My new driveway and fun yard plans

I feel like I have rejoined the civilized world! I parked on the street for six years in my first home away from home in the 1980s. When you come home with a carload of groceries and have to park down the street, it can be a bit frustrating - not to mention getting a carload of dogs from the car to the house! Add a trailer to the mix, and I knew a driveway was in order. Above, River poses on the front lawn. Below, I think you will agree that my trailer needed a good home when I am not traveling to training or trials. So the lawn went from this...To this! Here the guys are finishing up the driveway. I can park on it this weekend! I'll be sure to get a new photo. It was done just in time for our first snow of the year.

Next spring, I will put a little walking path from the side gate along the top. I am going to put a fence around the big tree, and fill it with wildflowers and roses, and put a little arched gateway at the end of my sidewalk. I am really enjoying making this space my own. My house reminds me of some of the cute places I used to see in Duluth Minnesota, very charming and unique. I have a million pictures of the homes along Lake Superior, as I always wanted to copy some of the landscaping ideas.

Including the cute Japanese garden I am working on in the backyard. I've added some shrubs and rocks and a lotus water fountain to the backyard, as well as a cute Buddha statue - plus St. Francis of Assisi (Spiridance is a mixed denomination place!). Next spring I will put a little "pretend bridge" over the dry river, leading to the gate up to my deck. And as you can see, have created a very nice kennel area against the house and into the crook of the house behind the church vestibule where the dogs stay clean on the gravel. And best of all, my family gave me some clippings of the roses my Mother and Grandmother planted in front of my old home in Thunder Bay, so I can start some roses here, that will remind me of my family. My Grandma's roses are old-fashioned and very hardy! They practically took over the small island in my driveway! It will be wonderful to see them bloom here in Alberta, the wild rose Province.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.