Way to go Wade! HIT and new SchH I today in Calgary!

Today at the Chinook Schutzhund Club in Calgary, Wade Waters went HIT with his German Shepherd Grissom z Diehlomov! Wade is the Training Director for the GSD Club of Calgary. The trial today involved tracking first thing in the morning, followed by obedience and then protection. Grissom did well in all three today. It was a very cold day in Calgary today, but it warmed our hearts to see what a great team Wade and Grissom make. I forgot my camera, but took the above photos during practice last spring. Grissom is a striking sable male, sired by '00&'02 WPO CHAMPION Stormfront's Brawnson SCHH3, DPO2, WPO, FH Kkl 2. If you check this blog out from time to time you have seen pictures of Wade as he is the person who is acting as the helper for Caden and I as we learn the foundations of protection (that's Wade's leg, above, as he rewards Caden with the tug). Wade recently gave a Helper's Seminar in Edmonton to certify new helpers for trials.
A strong contingent from the Calgary Club was out to watch and support everyone at the trial today. Another club member, Tom, did well with his GSD Arko - Arko passed his BH !!! I was interested in watching this as I will be attempting BH next year with Caden. Arko didn't have to do any protection for a BH, but this is a photo I took of him practicing at the post (like I do with Caden) earlier this month - and that is Wade working with Arko. I would love to videotape Wade when he works with dogs this way. He is so animated with his facial expressions and body language...it is quite an art.
The judge today was Jan Hrouda of Calgary. I felt that his knowledge of the sport shone through in his comments and judging. He was both tough in his observations, and appropriate in his scoring - and his humour was evident when his white moustache twitched right before some dry humour lightened things up. I love to be around people like Jan who bring so much dignity and credibility to the position. This is a casual photo of Jan I took last spring. Today he very much looked the part of a judge!
Coming in at a close second place was Chinook Club member Nancy with her Belgian Malinois. Wade's score was 274 / 300, and Nancy's was 269. Above is a photo I took of Nancy and her dog at the Prairie Regionals last June. Every dog was great to watch and the cameraderie was pleasant and positive at the Chinook Club. What a great opportunity for a beginner like me, to spend a day watching and learning at a trial close to home!


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.