Signs that Winter is coming

Today we had snow and my yard is white! This little guy is a Tiger Salamander. My father (who is visiting) spotted him making his way across the gravel in my dog run. Thankfully, we were able to scoop him up carefully and I put him in my front garden. I Googled it, and found out they are common in Alberta, and active at this time of year as they look for a place to hunker down in the soil for the winter. Hard to believe they can survive!

In much the same way, fathers look for places to hunker down, usually on the couch, in front of the TV. I Googled it and found out it is very common for them to spend their time here in the winter, while women bring them food. Hard to believe they survive! (I could not resist).


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.