Curse that ball!

Like I do every night, I came home today and played with the dogs. Jet brings me a ball to throw, and everyone runs for it. Caden and River run with their own balls in their mouths, as if they can pick up another one. Ted herds everyone back. So Jet, who is a fierce, tough girl really runs for it and tonight she either collided with another dog or the fence and badly hurt her tooth. I just came home from the vet.

This is a picture - the pulp and nerve are exposed so lucky Jet gets to go see a canine dentist in Calgary to talk about a filling of some kind. Luckily it is not broken, but the enamel split off. I just feel numb that something could happen so fast, and wish I could turn back the clock tonight! It doesn't seem to bother her, but she is so tough, she might not let on if it did. She has antibiotics and a bit of Metacam to tide her over for the next few days. I know lots of Border Collies have tooth injuries - they are just such gung ho dogs. The vet said to be glad it wasn't a joint or neck or shoulder injury as that would have been far worse. I guess that is a blessing.

Still....curse that ball!


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.