My Dad's Cat Scarey Story!

So, my Dad took both of my kittens home as you may recall from my Thanksgiving post. Yesterday he told me a scarey story, but it turns out OK. Oh yes, and Caden's tracking video IS coming! It is on the Spiritdance Channel on Youtube if you want to check it out without my details...

Here they are! He has blankets everywhere to save his leather furniture right now!
He sometimes opens the glass door in his apartment a few inches for fresh air. He went for coffee with friends. When he got home, a lady met him in the hallway to say she had his kittens. He didn't really know what she meant, so she said she would meet him at his apartment. When he got upstairs, he saw that he had forgotten to close the glass door.
He realized that the two kittens, Mutt (the girl) and Jeff (the boy) got the door open and walked from my Dad's balcony to the balcony next door! Apparently the man next door looked out to see two little kittens on his balcony and brought them in! He called the superintendent who knew they were my Dad's new cats. My sister took these pictures for me. Look at that little walkway! And the drop - FIVE STOREYS. They are safe and sound and home again. My father really enjoys them. They cuddle all the time. The little girl sits at the computer with him and chases the cursor on the screen, so my Dad makes the arrow go round and round with his mouse so she can play. Jeff is a big, affectionate boy. I understand the entire apartment building knows about his cat's adventure. It is funny because now he has this great story to tell about them, and I think it makes him very proud of them. I am very happy they are such good company, especially as I am here in Alberta.

SIDEBAR NOTE

By the way, that is a picture of my Mom from the 1950s taken behind my Grandma's house in Thunder Bay. I love that shot - she looks so beautiful and happy. My Dad stuck something he cut from the newspaper into the frame that says:

WHAT CANCER CANNOT DO
Author: Unknown
Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.

My Mom was only 58 when she died from Cancer, when I was 35. It was a horrible loss and shock to us all and my Dad still can't talk about her without his voice cracking. I know I walked around in shock for months afterward, trying to look strong on the outside. I feel for my Dad so to be without her at this time of life. Now that I am closing in on 50, 58 seems way too young to die. I am so lucky to have been released from ongoing checkups in 2008 five years later! It was caught early but don't let anyone tell you it is not frightening. Even though things happened quickly for me, it is something I carry inside all the time; the grief and fear hearing the words "you have Cancer" and the gratitude and sometimes even a bit of guilt, to be one of the lucky ones. It really brings things home and makes you take stock of your life. Because of my mother's experience, I truly thought I was going to die, but here I am blogging away! Not a day goes by that I don't miss my Mom. Every day, and aging, is a blessing! I am very proud of my Dad and his ability to remember my Mom with so much love and so many positive thoughts. And it is another good reason he should have the kittens, to keep him smiling and give good company.

(sorry, that is the serious part of this post!)


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.