And now for something a little different...

...Pictures of me! Yes, I do exist!

Since I usually take the pictures, I am not in them. However, now that I have officially reached the "50 pounds lost" mark, maybe I won't be so camera shy. I spent weeks sorting old photos from the past 30 years (see my flashback post for the pic of me at age 18). I can't believe how few pictures I am in. It is sort of like I have been missing from my own life!

So I took the picture above of myself, in a mirror, to record my weight loss so far. It was taken on December 20. I look like I am getting younger since moving to Alberta! Is there a fountain of youth here?

With my sister visiting, I actually have a couple more photos of me and I will get her to take more. She snuck these of me on our Christmas Day walk...me taking a photo of Jet and Ted at the dogpark...Below I am walking ahead of her, with the dogs... taking the dogs for a walk on Christmas Day is one of my favourite Christmas traditions!And here is the picture I took of the munchkins, in front of a bird's nest I spotted. I love how Border Collies look in the white snow - so crisp and little black button noses!I took this one of Lori at Three Mile Bend.A few more of her photos from Christmas Day - these are the trees in front of my house. In Alberta they call this a "hoar frost." I understand this is a common term, but never heard it in Thunder Bay! And she snapped this shot of my little church house on Christmas Day! I love this house, it is so cozy and has such good vibes!
Here is "Auntie Lori" with Caden, who just loves her. She drove to Alberta with us when he was a wee pup and he still remembers her!
Here she is with my 6-month-old Caden at the little house I rented in Ponoka when I first moved to Alberta.
And I JUST turned around and took this picture! We are about to have our morning coffee. All of the dogs are competing for her attention - Ted and River share a chair to get closer.
I am enjoying my sister's visit so much! I can't believe we aren't 10 and 12 years old anymore. In fact, I will be 50 in 2010 - wow! I am so happy to be losing weight and feeling younger and happier and more healthy than I have felt in many years.


But can someone tell my eyes that? Maybe it is all this blogging, but I found out I need glasses two weeks ago!! Here is the pair I settled for - a nice copper-framed pair of Oakleys. I'll have them in a week.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.