The Men from Snowy Alberta

Here is my first Snowy Aberta man...I caught this adorable shot of Ted sitting on the back deck asking politely to come in, because it is COLD today! He did play in the snow with everyone for a brief ten minutes or so. Further to my 'post for a snowy night' below, the snow continued all day yesterday. I have shoveled twice and it still filled in, so I gave up. Too bad I did because today, it is now COLD! And it is supposed to be cold for the rest of the week - close to minus 20 Celsius which for some readers, equals colder than 10 F. Check the blog snippets in the sidebar and you will see it is all that we can talk about. Canadians and weather, it's a coffeeshop standard topic!

Since Friday night, I have baked almost 600 cookies! Chocolate Chip Biscotti, Choco-Coco Pecan Crisps, Lemony Butter Cookies, White Chocolate Cranberry and the Best Ever Chunky Shortbread! Caden was mooching around the counter today and I noticed his flourey little face.
He isn't snowy, but he is cute - maybe he is trying to copy Ted! Of course, after I shovelled yesterday, I found out I had no hot water. Thankfully the third man stopped by; our friend (mine and Caden's) Dan came by for some computer assistance. I guess since I seem to live on one when I am home, I am a good one to ask. Dan returned the favour by re-lighting my hot water tank!

Whew! That could have been a desperate situation. I sent him home with some cookies to share with Susan. It was good to have a taste-tester confirm that I can in fact bake!


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.