Jet is on Guard

Jet likes a job. She is just that way. And so bossy! She is the self-appointed guardian of my cookies. I have been baking, as mentioned below. I have never done Christmas baking before, but have enjoyed cookies from other people. I have these memories of my German Shepherd Hawk from about 18 years ago learning about shortbread during my first Christmas in my country house in Thunder Bay. Hawk would seat himself beside the table at the closest point to the shortbread, looking so patient, knowing I would give him a piece. He was hopelessly addicted to it. So when I saw her lying there (above), I had to laugh. Jet is doing the same thing Hawk did so long ago. Wherever I put the cookies, that is where she camps out. In the above picture, she is GLARING at Caden, who picks a safe place up in the kitchen...(which used to be where the church Minister stood to give his sermons). Below, she swivels her head to warn Ted off...Ted only creeped up as far as where I was sitting to get the photos, then he showed his tummy. Don't feel too sorry for Ted, that is his usual pose, as he grins with his front teeth.River makes a point of coming by to let Jet know that she is the Princess. Jet is second in command to River, in the household...followed by Caden and then Teddy. River has this weird behaviour where she tries to "lick Jet away..." - it is not muzzle licking, it is a strange behaviour that Jet just puts up with (turns the other cheek). The German Shepherds are usually so controlling as they love order in the house, and the Border Collies are so good at keeping the peace. I never get tired of watching their interactions. Once again, I am just the photographer. I feel like a wildlife photographer on a photo shoot of the wolf pack! I just click away as things unfold. Below, Jet is tired, guarding cookies is HARD WORK! Caden sneaks down and picks a spot nearby, as if to help her with the guarding duties. Jet and Caden are best friends. A few weeks ago, I was in the pet store when someone came in and asked who owned the green Honda. When I said it was me, she said Jet was in the passenger seat and Caden was in the driver's seat and they looked like an old married couple. She stopped to look and they gave her a look as if to say "what do you want?" I told her that when I appear they start to wag and I never see them waiting - she said I should send someone out with a camera to take a picture for me, because it was so hilarious. See - even other people see them that way! And River and Ted are best of friends too. It makes for a fun household.


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.