Waiting for Santa

All is peaceful as everyone waits for Santa...The younger dogs are fast asleep, dreaming of 100% digestible pork rawhides,
liver cookies and giggle balls... Jet dreams that Santa will leave her a new bed, as she is sure he knows how much she loves to organize and re-arrange (and chew up) every dogbed in the house - the more the better!
Caden dreams that St. Nicholas sprachens ze Deutche and is appreciative of what a good boy he has been learning all of his obedience commands...When Santa comes, I will Fuss for him, and he will say "Break!" and toss me a treat or a ball, dreams young Caden...And even the older dogs keep a watchful eye for Santa. River even has a present for him - her best chewtoy (my IKEA slipper)...
River is thinking - when Santa shows up, I will parade by and show him that I have not chewed this slipper, so he will leave me extra cookies and tell me I am a Princess... Ted just really hopes Santa will give him a hug - more affection at the top of Ted's list because one can never have enough love, or give enough love!!! And Ted thinks, when Santa comes I will lean on him and put my chin on his arm and smile, so he knows what a kind heart I have, and give me a scratch behind my ear...And all of the dogs in Nanna's china cabinet look on quietly, knowing each dog will get its wish... they have seen many Christmases from their vantage point in the cabinet! The howling wolves on the piano howl something magical that only Santa and his reindeer can hear, to let them know dogs are dreaming here...
The angel sends a blessing to the animals, knowing what joy they bring to this home, and what loving hearts they all have...
The bear and the bunny know there will be special treats in this bowl on Christmas Day!
The little Santas can't wait to see their namesake as he makes his stop this Christmas...
"Do you see what I see?" says the picture behind them! Way up in the sky, litle lamb... And the humblest decoration of all, the little Nativity from my childhood, looks on and is happy that on Christmas Eve, so much happiness and peace fills this house, that was once a church.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

May all of your dreams come true
And may peace and love fill your home this Christmas
and throughout 2010


With love from
Donna, my sister Lori who is here for Christmas
River and Caden
Jet and Ted


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.