Arctic Air Mass settles in, brrrrrrrrrr..........

OK, it is – 36 C at 7 AM here this morning. What is up with that? That is – 32. F. And the extreme wind chill warning is for -40 C. It is an “Arctic air mass…” I took this picture at 8:45, and the temperature has gone UP! It was too dark to take it at 7:30 AM plus my french doors are iced shut. I have to work on that today. We are using the downstairs exit to the backyard right now...I took the picture below of the highway at NOON yesterday! Yes, the days are short and it seemed dark all day. The city doesn't seem to be able to keep up with keeping roads clear. This is the road into Global Pets, just off Gaetz Ave. Under the snow is pure ice...Here is this week's weather forecast... look at next Friday - I might actually go tracking next weekend!!!!!!!!!!

Today: Wind chill warning in effect.
Snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature falling to minus 26 this afternoon. Extreme wind chill minus 40 this morning.

Tonight:
Periods of light snow. Low minus 30.
Sunday:
Clearing near noon. High minus 26.
Monday:
Sunny. Low minus 36. High minus 21.
Tuesday:
Sunny. Low minus 33. High minus 19.
Wednesday:
A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 21. High minus 4.
Thursday:
Sunny. Low minus 8. High plus 3.

Friday:
Sunny. Low minus 6. High plus 1.
It will feel like summer!!!!
So when it is this cold, everyone just settles in...time to start using the treadmill seriously, dogs included! River and Jet work out a couch arrangement...

Caden watches Dog Whisperer - he was very excited to see an Aussie...look how dark is was when I took this picture this morning around 8:15 AM...
...and Ted gets as close as he can to me - with his head on my feet, under my chair (that is the corner of my big warm housecoat!) - he is my footwarmer! What a pal.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.