Free Run

When I came home from work the dogs greeted me with this bit of egg carton. I had strategically left an egg carton for them to chew if they got bored, because everyone has been housebound due to the extreme cold. Even though there were lots of little pieces on the floor, THIS was the one the dogs wanted me to see...it says "Free Run." I think this is a message that they are tired of being cooped up, and want to fun free! Like the chickens who laid those eggs. Caden actually stole this piece from downstairs, where it was Jet and Ted who carefully ripped out the message meant for me.
I've been keeping an eye on Jet as her tooth heals, so she and Ted get to play in the front yard.
Since it was a bit warmer, I took some Christmasey shots of them on the front stairs...And here are River and Caden. Caden has to be tied, because of the two dogs across the street that wander in and out of their yard (loose but they are old dogs). I made the wreath on the door many years ago...
Just for fun, here are some closeups of my stair decorations in the dark...And when we all headed in, I was not suprised to see who ended up with that one special piece of egg carton...River of course! It is funny how the dogs know which one is special too. I guess it has to do with scent, and maybe the amount of saliva on it, because it goes from dog to dog!
Tonight it is 0 C, or 32 F. It feels downright balmy! Tracking on the weekend!


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.