First tracks of 2011 - Jet steps up


I did short motivation tracks with everyone today. I ran them in this order - Ted, Caden, River, Jet. I did Jet last as I am putting a push on her this year and wanted to see how she handled the oldest track - 2 hours old and losing the sun by the time we did hers - and she was dead on. She is a very exciting dog to work with, as she is simply brilliant, loves a job and all-business. Here is her track - two turns, about 200 meters long, and on a snowy parking lot with one leg on a snow-free sidewalk. I thought I only had one article, but I dropped one along the sidewalk which was a surprise to me, when she indicated it! I broke these up as they are easier to upload from my iPhone.

It was a bit bittersweet as Jet is stepping up as my best tracker, with River starting to show her age. The push will be on for Jet to get her TDX and UTDX now! But River still loves to track and as long as she can, she will. I'm not closing the book on that one just yet!


Jet start - along a nice edge to help hold the scent and get her going. I love how she sniffs the snow along the side.


Jet first turn - nails it


Jet turn onto sidewalk - does a small cast, then sniffs the front grill of the car, which could hold a bit of scent, makes up her mind and goes - -


Jet along the sidewalk - fringes it a bit, but I decided to go with her as it looked good to me. She surprises me as I did not realize I dropped this. I knew it was missing and had dropped it somewhere... so was happy it was on a track! Good girl!


And a short bit to the last article...


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.