First tracks of 2011 - River still has it!

This is another set of videos from today - Jet's are in the post below.



River is showing her age, but she still did a nice job on her short motivation track today. It had a couple of challenges. A short first leg to the first turn; and Caden and I walked back and forth across the second leg to get to his track. You can see her figure this out (excuse my line handling as she does it...she just has to put up with me). And then, a very short leg to the article after a long one down the parking lot. This track was about 300 meters with 3 turns and completely on snow - although in the beginning the snow is soft and untrampled - and on the last two legs, it is icey and shiney. She weaves a little from side to side in this area but I can see she is working so I elect to let her - as this is meant to be motivational, and for River, it would be demotivational if I pulled her in at all. She is a good worker.

It was simply great to follow her. She is such a great tracker, and she was so happy to be out today - it was plus one and her track was in the peak of the afternoon sunshine.

Start


2nd leg - where she has to cope with where I crossed her track twice


2nd turn from snowy lot to icey lot


Long leg on narrow lot - she weaves a bit to find scent but is definitely working - sometimes you just need to be able to read your own dog's style...


Final leg - she overshot her turn and backed up. At this point you can see her stumble once (oh, I cringed) but she keeps going. She slips or might be tired, I don't really know. I go a bit overboard with praise, cover your ears!


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.