Is coming to a whistle genetic? And other stuff from Ben's day

Is listening to a whistle genetic? This is so cool, but for fun I whistled a that'll do whistle to Ben, and I had my camera (of course) and he literally booted to me in a very intense little puppy trot - he even looks very serious! Good boy! Day 27 today, 2550 grams.

In the meantime today... here are a few other major events...




Ben ran across his mortal enemy The Monkey, and conducted a surprise attack from around the corner. (I use the Monkey to playfight with Ben, so it's not always my hand pushing him around!)




Monkey got pulled back into the alley for a thrashing




At noon, Ben discovered the Screen Door - and realized the other guys were on the other side. This really confounded him. I tried blocking it with a chair, to no avail. It's a puzzle for another day.




Ben always drinks from the Big Bowl even though the other one is his height.




He says the metal one is the right height for playing in



Then, Ben discovered the blankets I've got hanging on the ex-pen to block drafts from the door...







A little play (this time, it was the evil Hand he had to fight off)...



THEN, I thought I'd get him on my lap and aim the camera at US for a picture of us together. I think my timing was bad, after playing with him - he had no patience with sitting still on my lap! Here are my attempts, because I thought it would be a good exercise to persist in calming him down...




Attempt #1




Attempt #2




Ben decided to stay still but would not look at the camera! Protest! How did he know? I have no idea, but he refused to turn his head and insisted on looking away.

OK, it was time for him to nurse. He barely fits on the couch now - I actually sit and make sure he doesn't fall. NO, he doesn't need to nurse there, but it's pleasant for all of us.


After nursing, I tried one more time for a picture on my lap and got this. It's not great, but I was happy to succeed. And at this moment, he is out like a light. He sleeps all night now. Things are so fun around here. Every day, something new.





Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.