I feel like the Dog Whisperer!

Tonight I took all four dogs for a walk. Usually I take Caden and River, drop off River, then carry on with Jet and Ted AND Caden again! He gets two walks. But his walking is improving as I work on his obedience, and today I said to myself I would just be calm and assertive and take control. I had to use a lot of patience to get four dogs out of the house and not come flying out of my doors looking like the village idiot. I swear I entertain all of the seniors who live around me!
So I waited them out and we emerged looking pretty respectable. This photo above is our return after an hour long tour of Penhold! It is a small hamlet, so you can pretty much walk the circumfrence in an hour. I enjoy it though, it is growing on me. I can hold River, Jet and Ted's leashes in my right hand. I hold Caden's in my left because he is not allowed to forge. I don't mind the others being looser, and they walk so well. Maybe next summer I will learn to rollerblade with them, now that would be a sight to see!
Sorry about the alien eyes! I did my best with the camera. I could not get any shots during the walk. We were dodging cars, and kids toboganning on a hill (dogs were great), passed a little dog being walked across he street from us and no one even looked (except me, haha). And two little kids asked if hey could pat the dogs, and I thought Ted was just going to leave with them, he is such a schmoozer! Ted! Jet leaped up on them just to show that she is better than Ted. She is a brat. The kids did not pat the GSDs but Caden and River were great, calm and wagging (Caden wagged, River could care less, honestly).
I snapped these two photos yesterday of the GSDs playing in the yard. It is nice for them, but a walk is still better than playing in the yard (I sound like Cesar Milan!) I do love watching them interact with each other!


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.