Introducing Sting! New GSD puppy on the block

My friends Pam and Jerry Prescott welcomed little Sting to their home, picking him up at the Calgary airport where he flew in from Washington State and von den Hoehonluft GSDs. Other than getting over seeing snow for the first time, he has claimed the home as his own, and decided thath their Miniature Schnauzer Dixie will do for a new mom! Here he is playing tug with Dixie during my visit yesterday!
He tugged hard! But I think Dixie would make a great little Schutzhund dog herself. I gave Sting a ball from Dogsport Gear (used by the SchH people) and Dixie just loved it...check out her closed eyes!
Sting goes for the softer little toys right now, as he is only 12 weeks old! Below is a picture from his breeder in Washington State, that Pam shared with me. Oooh, green grass...why do I live in the snow?

Sting is a handsome black and red boy. You can check out his pedigree here. He is the little guy at the top and those are his parents, going back to Thomas Lapp's von den Wolfen dogs and V Othello von Kathargo.
Here he is cuddling his teddy in Pam's kitchen...I just wanted to take him home! I have not had a Black & Tan since my wonderful Hawk who died in 2000 when he was 13 years old.
In fact, seeing Sting made me want to share a few pictures of little baby Caden. When I got him, I was taking a break from blogging and these never appeared on this blog. Here is Caden at 8 weeks old, fresh from Pennsylvania. He looks so tiny beside River! He adopted her as his mum and still respects her immensely.
And this is Caden at age 9 weeks...like Sting, he was seeing snow for the first time! It looks like he is tracking! It is hard to believe he was ever this small.
And of course, here he is doing what most puppies spend most of their time doing - Sleeping!
I told Pam, as we drank our tea, to appreciate these quiet days while Sting sleeps a lot, because he comes from strong working lines and he will be an active boy for sure. He already seems very thoughtful and quite smart. Here he is giving his job to grow a 110% effort...
One of these days, Dixie will be the one who is dwarfed by Sting!

And Sting has one eye on me here, as if to say one day, this bed will be too small!
And sure enough, a few hours later when I was home, Pam called to say that he woke up, ate and gave them all a run for their money with a burst of energetic play! Watch for more pictures as we get Sting tracking in the near future.


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.