Marsh Walk and Mountain Sunset

Tonight after work I grabbed Caden and River and headed back to Fleming Marsh, What a great place to walk! I used my Blackberry for these pictures. I wish I had brought my camera because the sunset was beautiful! You can make out the mountains in the glow of the sun just over Caden's ear! Just 45 minutes away! Sometimes I forget I live so close to the Rockies and every time I see mountains, I still feel this sense of wonder. And this walking trail is 5 minutes from my front door!

Below, I circled that Nesting Sanctuary sign that says "Predator Control Area." A man came along in a truck and being a friendly Albertan, he stopped to chat. He had been running his dogs too - can you believe he had a German Shepherd which he said was a "German" one, not an American one. I introduced him to Caden! His other dog was a Border Collie - Lab cross. Boy, that is a common cross, I hear about it all the time. The man told me not to be concerned about the sign, that he has walked his dogs here for years. However I am still going to look into it. There are no nesting birds now, but come spring, it will be good to be informed.

The man told me the road curved all the way around the marsh and you could walk south, then west, then north to pass the buildings I have pointed to with an arrow in the photo below. If you keep going north, you come to a shelterbelt of trees, then turn east and back to Penhold. Tonight I walked as far as the point below where my yellow line starts, then headed back so I did not lose the light. I have to remember my headlamp tomorrow - when it is Jet and Ted's turn.
And here is the roadway we followed. It was fairly busy with cars coming and going because of the workday ending. But much more relaxing than walking through town all of the time! We walked for an hour.
Tomorrow with Ted and Jet, I will remember my headlamp!


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.