B-B-B - Benny and the Jet! Day two random pics

Day 2 - Ben has gone from 400 grams to 550 grams (that is 14 oz to 1.2 oz) since he was born on Thursday. Being a 'singleton' he has no competition for mom's milk. He is very content and never really cries, EXCEPT when he tries to climb up Jet and slides backwards.

Jet is a good mom for nursing, but has not taken to cleaning him or licking him to eliminate. I've been trying to get her to do this by using some peanut butter on him. She will lick it off, but basically leaves elimintation to me. I know this is because of the C-section. Normal hormones didn't really have a chance to kick in, so hopefully Mother Nature will take over in a day or two. She is now running back to him every time she goes out to pee.

She WAS bonding to the stuffed toys I put in there for him to snuggle with, and tried to carry the sheep outside with her, so they had to be removed!

Here are some pics from today of Big Ben with Mom Jet *(and one of Dad Ted at the end).

Ben was snuggling with these, but I removed them as Jet was taking too much of a liking to them

Ben and his buddy.


He has the most interesting markings! The white blaze looks like a bad comb - over and has a little cowlick in it. Perhaps taking after grandpa Pleat, though I am not sure what his cowlick looks like. I have to check a photo.

My father says I could have named him Patch. Love his markings.

Sleeping with Mom Jet

Snuggling up to Jet's leg

He had been trying to climb up Jet for two days. A few minutes ago (7 PM tonight) I walked in to see this - mission accomplished! He must have felt happy, but after taking the pic, I eased him down.


Ben is a climber. He will need a roofed run for sure, LOL

Obsession with climbing... patient Jet

Dad Ted looks in, briefly. His presence does not bother Jet at all.
"That's your son, Ted!"

Ben means 'son' in Hebrew.

However, Ben is also named for my hero, Big Ben, a legendary show jumper ridden by Ian Millar

Check this story about Big Ben here

And here to see a great performance (one of many on YouTube)

Big Ben is a Canadian icon and World famous horse. He and Ian Millar were an amazing team. I get choked up when I see this video. I missed seeing Big Ben when he toured Canada after retiring. All of Canada mourned when he died. It gave me chills to watch them compete.

SO, I figured, what a great name for my puppy!


Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.