Lovely Summer Day

I had the most wonderful day today, sitting on my back deck in the sun, drinking sun-brewed green tea over ice and listening to music. It was just one of those awesome summer days, I made tremendous progress on 'the book' - with my December deadline looming. Getting into a nice routine with Jet and Benjamin and regular feedings. Walked all four dogs in the evening sun. Lovely.

AND FINALLY, A DAY WITHOUT RAIN!!! (Susie, this is a blog response to your blog over at Birch Bark Hill...)

Jet in the sun with Ben. Jet is trained to look at the camera, in case you think she never looks at Ben. She sees me point the camera and dutifully stares until she hears click! If you give a Border Collie a job, they are really obsessed with doing it right - and to Jet, having her photo taken is like a job. Even if I raise the camera, she will stop walking and stand still for me. It makes it hard to capture some things, but is very cute as my very first GSD Hawk did the same thing - striking poses for the camera.

And of course, here is Big Ben... his nose is filling in with pigment and so are his pads. I have already cut his nails twice! It is crazy how much I love this puppy... only day 9, in a day or so, those eyes will be opening...


Mind you, Big Ben does not look that big when I back up and take a picture of him in his whelping box. He is in his favourite spot, cuddling with his friends, Washcloth, and Hot Water Bottle.


Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.